Welcome to the University of Denver (DU) Unmanned Systems Research Institute (DU2SRI).
The Institute was launched in November of 2012 to:
- Serve as the focal point for basic, applied research and development activities in unmanned systems in general, and Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in particular in the State of Colorado
- Conduct, coordinate and promote research in building the next generation of UAS that will be used for a wide spectrum of civil/public domain applications
- Educate students, scientists, engineers and practitioners who are interested in learning about Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), and Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs)
- Serve as the organization to facilitate gradual integration of UAS into the National Airspace System (NAS) assisting third parties to obtain Certificates of Authorization (COA) from the Federal aviation Administration (FAA)
- Participate in State-wide UAS research and development initiatives offering its know-how and expertise
- Assist in economic development and creation of new jobs by graduating the next generation of highly skilled scientists and engineers, ready to compete in a very demanding global market
- Serve as a demo site for unmanned vehicles
- Provide the foundation for technology transfer to the private sector
- Bridge the gap between military and civilian application domains
We encourage you to navigate through our web site for details about the Institute and we invite you to become a member of the Institute.